Women often encounter many surprises and troubles with their natural hair. It’s either difficult to style or lacks length for versatile impressive hairstyles you can see on the Internet. The other problem is when your hair is getting extremely dry and brittle due to experiments with styling products and styling procedures. Sometimes the only way out in such cases is to have a short haircut and wait for the new healthy growth. Meanwhile the other puzzle that emerges is how to style your short natural hair so that it looks decent. Don’t worry, there are many fantastic stylish hairstyles for your natural hair.
Your Options in Natural Hairstyles for Short Hair includes;
– Protective updos. They do not only look very stately, they also protect the delicate structure of your hair from the elements and loss of moisture.
– Twists. These take any extra volume under control and look fancy whether you wear them loose or in elegant updos.
– Puffs. A puff is a substitute for a common bun, so loved by African ladies. When you also introduce twists or elements of braiding into your puff hairstyles, you have all chances to come up with something truly exquisite and eye-catching.
– Mohawks and Fauxhawks. Never going out of fashion, these hairstyles are perfect for African women who are open to bold solutions and extravagant haircuts.
– Finger coils. If you are searching for hairstyles which make a stake on outstanding textures, finger coils are an excellent idea.
Check out some of the ideas to style your natural hair below.
#1: Flat-Twist with Twist Out
A twist-out is an easy natural hairstyle for short hair that African women can use to achieve full curls sans heat. It’s a popular protective style among the “naturalistas”. The style is easy to maintain, it can be slept on without messing up the curl pattern. This look combines a flat twist detail in the front to further protect the edges of the hair, which are the most prone to breakage.
#2: Natural Hairstyle with Closely Clipped Sides
This wild curly style oozes sex appeal and confidence. Tapering the curls in the back with them growing longer in the front creates a bang-like effect that adds mystery to your look. If you are feeling bold, complement this look with the classic red lipstick and winged liner makeup for a daring appearance.
#3: Natural Updos
Don’t be fooled into thinking natural styles can’t be classy and professional. Toy with looks that are fun but also utilize the versatility of your hair. Naturally curly hair has so many possibilities. Braid it or twist it up into a sleek updo, with some soft waves for an evening out hairstyle.
#4: Sectioned Mohawk with Small Coils
If you can’t pull your hair into a ponytail, pinning it into a Mohawk in the middle of your head allows to get it out of your face without trying to force it into a tiny bun or ponytail. Add in a parted design for a unique natural hairstyle for short hair. Or you can try making it more spiky.
#5: Curly Afro Puff with Perfect Edges
Don’t have enough length for a curly ponytail? Try an afro puff. It’s a beautiful option when it comes to hairstyles for natural hair that’s rather short. Because this style is glossy and smooth, it can work well for a formal occasion or a date night.
#6: Natural Styles for Short Hair
Cute coils look great on every African woman. Whether your texture is naturally tightly curled or not does matter when you know how to manipulate your hair effectively. Straw sets, flexi rods or a well-done twist out can allow anybody to achieve this perfect style for short hair.