There’s a unique beauty that white eyes add to the look of ladies who have such. Some ladies are naturally gifted with crystal clear eyes while others aren’t.
Nutrition is very important when it comes to your eyes. It will help you keep a whiter and healthier eyes as a lady.
There are about five nutrient categories that you must include in your regular diet to maintain healthier eyes.
Vitamin E can be provided to the body by regular intake of sunflower seeds, wheat germ, hazelnut, peanut butter and almonds. One handful (an ounce) of almonds will provide half of your daily dose of Vitamin E.
Leafy greens are good sources of lutein and zeaxanthin, antioxidants responsible for lowering risks of developing macular degeneration and cataracts. That means eating kale, spinach, collards and romaine lettuce can never be too much.
There are many excellent sources of zinc for the raw vegan, including sesame seeds/tahini, hemp seeds, cashew and pine nuts, shiitake mushrooms and avocados. An easy rule to remember is if the fruit and vegetables are yellow and orange, they are excellent for your eyes.
You need eat things that contains vitamin A as it helps keep your eyes very healthy. Fruits and vegetables are high in Vitamin A or beta carotene are a must food for your eyes. Fill up your fridge with carrots, peaches, papaya and mangoes.
Vitamin C foods include oranges, grapefruits and strawberries. You need to include this in your diets too.
In addition to a balance duet containing the necessary vitamins, eyes exercise can also help you get white and healthy eyes.
Eyes are all muscle and it’s important to give these muscles a regular workout to keep them youthful. There are some basic exercises that will relax your eyes, prevent further eyesight deterioration and even help with tightening of age-related sags in and around the eye area. You can do these exercises whenever you want:
- Sit comfortably. Close your eyes tightly and count to 5. Now open them and count to 5 again. Repeat this process of opening and closing your eyes for 5 seconds each time 5-7 times.
- Soak a soft hand towel in hot water and another in cold. Take the hot one, squeeze out its water and press it on your closed eyes gently. Massage lightly on the eyebrows, eyelids and the area around the eyes. Repeat the same with the cold towel. Alternate between the two a couple of times, ending with the cold towel.
- Squint strongly with only your lower eyelid. Release and squint again. Repeat 5-7 times.
Homemade eyewash can also help you get a whiter and healthier eye. They are one the best way to relax your eyes, prevent ailments and even cure them without any medical intervention. They can help you get rid of everyday eye issues such as tiredness, irritation, strain and pollution, leaving your eyes refreshed. Eye washes also sooth eyes during infections and ailments like pink eyes. To apply the eye wash, you can use an eye dropper or fill a small cup with the eye wash and place it over your eye as you blink.
Here are some simple recipes for eye washes:
1. For Saline Eye Wash You will need: 1 cup distilled water and 1 tsp salt. This truly simple eye wash can be made by mixing together distilled water and salt. This saline eye wash can be used safely several times a day.
2. Green Tea Eye Wash You will need: 1 cup Brewed Green Tea and ½ cup distilled (or boiled) water. Mix and make a solution. Use as other eye washes. There are things that you must keep in mind when using eye washes. Make sure there is no contamination and always use clean utensils and boiled or distilled water.
Note: Though eye washes are safe and recommended by ophthalmologists, in case of any serious eye problems do not use them without a doctor’s consultation.